This is just a small announcement that the testing session that would normally occur on November 27th at Georgia Tech this month has been rescheduled to December 4th due to Thanksgiving.
Additionally, this is also a reminder that there is otherwise no normal testing session in December due to vacations, Christmas, etc.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Thank you.
The Atlanta Radio Club Store is now open! As announced at the last member meeting, shirts and jackets are available with an option to embroider your name and callsign underneath the club logo! A hat is also available featuring the Atlanta Radio Club logo, though no customization options are available.
Please make sure you spell your name and callsign as you want it to appear on your items. I will be checking each order to ensure that your name and callsign are correct and will be confirming with you if they are different, however I may accidentally overlook something so please check your order receipt.
Also note: these items will not be delivered to you, however they will be available at our monthly meetings. If you’re unable to make the member meeting but can make any other meeting that has an Atlanta Radio Club presence (such as, Second Sunday, the Stone Mountain Hamfest, etc.), then please contact email@example.com to make alternate arrangements.
Generally, orders will be available at the following member meeting if ordered at least one week in advance (by the end of the day Wednesday) prior to the member meeting. This means that if you order today or tomorrow you will have your stuff at our meeting next Thursday, November 3rd! If you aren’t able to order before Thursday then you can still place an order and your items will be available by the next member meeting, though you will be notified if they are available before then. Additionally, any polos ordered between this Thursday and our member meeting next Thursday will be available at the hamfest on the 5th.
Lastly, if you’re having trouble ordering please don’t hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your executive committee is sending letters to both GA senators in support of HR1301, the so called Radio Parity Act. The PDF’s of both documents are linked below.
A tip of the hat to member KD4SGN Michael for the suggestion for us to do that. Thanks Michael!
Update (October 9th): Letters to Johnny Isakson and David Perdue have been signed and mailed.
The following is an update from Jim Reed, N4BFR:
We’ve got some quick announcements, updates and reminders so I thought I would throw them all into one email / post.
- New Committee Chair – Welcome Ocean – KD8KCN as Net Manager. One of Bill’s (KB4KFT) requests was to get a break after 10 years and we were lucky enough to have Ocean join us with lots of experience. Please thank Bill for his service and welcome Ocean to the team!
- 2016 Design Badges – We’d like to make a big initial order for our new look club badges. Please contact N4EWT at VicePresident@AtlantaRadioClub.org to order yours.
- Fox Hunt on August 27th – We’re still forming a team, contact N4EWT to get in and maybe get a free badge and N3ACK is doing a custom designed free t-shirt to early joining team members.
- Upcoming Meetings: Executive Committee on 8/24 6:30 at Meehan’s Pub Atlanta Station, all are welcome. Membership Meeting on Thursday 9/1 at the Red Cross.
- Maker Faire – planning is getting underway, this is a lot of fun, contact Alan – KW4MO or MemberAtLarge@AtlantaRadioClub.org to get involved.
Thanks all! Feel free to reach out with questions: President@AtlantaRadioClub.org or find me on the radio or social media.
Jim Reed – N4BFR
President, Atlanta Radio Club
Suport the Atlanta Radio Club by buying at Amazon Smile
The new 2016-17 executive committee was elected at last night’s member meeting with the following committee members:
- President – Jim Reed, N4BFR
- Vice President – Newt White, N4EWT
- Secretary – Ryan Petris, AG6RP
- Treasurer – Rob Osattin, KI4UTY (Incumbent)
- Member at Large – Alan Sellers, KW4MO
The outgoing (2015-16) committee was the following:
- President – Ken Reid, KG4USN
- Vice President – Bill Perkins, KB4KFT
- Secretary – Dick Bentley, K2UFT
- Treasurer – Rob Osattin, KI4UTY
- Member at Large – Ade Shamblin, KJ4CUY
I would like to thank the outgoing committee members for a great year for the radio club; their leadership and expertise is greatly appreciated.
Lastly, all appropriate @atlantaradioclub.org email addresses have been updated to forward to the appropriate committee member and are listed on the Contact page.
For everyone that couldn’t make it on Thursday (or just doesn’t remember (grin)) here’s the slate for Executive Committee I put forward on behalf of my team last night:
Jim Reed, N4BFR, Club President
Newton White, N4EWT, Vice President
Rob Osattin, KI4UTY, Treasurer (Incumbent)
Ryan Petris, AG6RP, Secretary
Alan Sellers, KW4MO, Board Member at Large
We had some discussion about some of the things we’d like to do as a group, these are some of my notes but not a complete list of what was discussed. Would be glad to continue the discussion here or feel free to reach out to me directly at email@example.com.
(To be clear on terms – POC’s below are just the concept owners at this point, we would look to blow some of these out into bigger committees if there is interest.)
- Deepen support of the Maker Community and enhance support of Maker Fair and Science Fest (Jim POC)
- Continuing to evolve the Hamfest (Newt POC)
- Modernize Clubs Records & Web integration (Ryan and Rob POC)
- Work on membership marketing (Alan POC)
- Continue repeater upgrades including Echolink (Bill KB4KFT has agreed to remain Repeater Chair)
– Continue to support operating events like Field Day, GA QSO Party, NPOTA and others. (Team)
- Branding Cleanup (Badges, Signs, Club Wear, etc) (Newt POC)
- Continued support for Atlanta ARES (Jim, Newt, Ryan, Alan are AEC’s working with Chandler W2NP)
Good discussions on ways to get new hams more involved, HF for the urban dweller and support of our VE activities as well.
Feel free to reach out directly to the POC’s with ideas at this point and we’ll keep you updated on these should we be your choice to run the club beginning in August.
Jim for the team