Come one come all to the December Atlanta Radio Club meeting – it’s our annual holiday get together.
We’re trying something different this year, it’s a big dessert party at the American Red Cross. We’ll have festive treats and some tasty beverages fit for the season, plus we’ve got a fun agenda planned…
- We’ve invited all 16 current Life Members to join us for a celebration of those that have made a long term commitment to the club.
- What would a holiday meeting be without presents? Someone will go home with a D-STAR HT and others will find prizes to stuff in their stockings.
- We’ll announce the 2016 Atlanta Radio Club Ham of the Year!
So, mark your calendars or add this to your itele, robot phone thingie, save room for dessert and join us on Thursday, December 1, at 7:30 at the American Red Cross.
Addresses and Directions are on the Member Meetings page.
For everyone that couldn’t make it on Thursday (or just doesn’t remember (grin)) here’s the slate for Executive Committee I put forward on behalf of my team last night:
Jim Reed, N4BFR, Club President
Newton White, N4EWT, Vice President
Rob Osattin, KI4UTY, Treasurer (Incumbent)
Ryan Petris, AG6RP, Secretary
Alan Sellers, KW4MO, Board Member at Large
We had some discussion about some of the things we’d like to do as a group, these are some of my notes but not a complete list of what was discussed. Would be glad to continue the discussion here or feel free to reach out to me directly at [email protected]
(To be clear on terms – POC’s below are just the concept owners at this point, we would look to blow some of these out into bigger committees if there is interest.)
- Deepen support of the Maker Community and enhance support of Maker Fair and Science Fest (Jim POC)
- Continuing to evolve the Hamfest (Newt POC)
- Modernize Clubs Records & Web integration (Ryan and Rob POC)
- Work on membership marketing (Alan POC)
- Continue repeater upgrades including Echolink (Bill KB4KFT has agreed to remain Repeater Chair)
– Continue to support operating events like Field Day, GA QSO Party, NPOTA and others. (Team)
- Branding Cleanup (Badges, Signs, Club Wear, etc) (Newt POC)
- Continued support for Atlanta ARES (Jim, Newt, Ryan, Alan are AEC’s working with Chandler W2NP)
Good discussions on ways to get new hams more involved, HF for the urban dweller and support of our VE activities as well.
Feel free to reach out directly to the POC’s with ideas at this point and we’ll keep you updated on these should we be your choice to run the club beginning in August.
Jim for the team